The buzz is in the air as the 2024 CrossFit Games Open approaches! We’re ecstatic to unveil our in-house competition, The CFW Clash, where we’ll be diving into the Open workouts headfirst during our epic Friday Night Lights events – and we can hardly contain our excitement!
Here’s the lowdown on what’s coming your way:
Friday Night Lights (FNL) Schedule:
Mark your calendars for these epic showdowns:
- Friday, March 1st: Starting at 4:00 PM
- Friday, March 8th: Starting at 4:00 PM
- Friday, March 15th: Starting at 4:00 PM
How it All Goes Down:
- On Thursday evening at 7:00 PM, the workout for the week will be announced.
- Our coaches will then craft a game plan for setting up the gym and scheduling heats.
- Make sure to snag your spot in a heat (first come, first served) upon arrival at the gym. Get warmed up and ready to hit the floor when your heat begins!
- All regular Friday classes are canceled during the three weeks of the Open to make way for Friday Night Lights.
- Be prepared for various WOD briefings throughout the evening.
- The first heat kicks off at 4:00 PM, with additional heats to follow as needed.
After the Showdown:
- After crushing your workout, your judge will hand you your scorecard.
- If you’ve registered for The Open on the official CrossFit website, make sure to submit your score through your online profile ASAP for timely validation.
Calling All Judges:
- We’ll need judges throughout the event! If you’re confident in your knowledge of CrossFit movements, we may recruit you to judge before or after your heat.
- Want to take your judging skills to the next level? Consider taking the CrossFit Judges Course for just $10 on the CrossFit Games Website.
Can’t Make it on Friday Night?
- While we highly encourage your presence at Friday Night Lights for the electrifying atmosphere, we understand if you can’t make it.
- You can still complete the workout during open gym hours on Saturday, but it’s your responsibility to find a judge.
The Power of Support:
- The most impactful thing any CFW athlete can do is show up on Friday night and cheer each other on! Bring along your family and friends to join in on the fun.
Lend a Hand:
- Coaches may need assistance in the afternoon setting up the gym for the event – if you’re free, lend a hand and be a part of the magic!
Let’s make this edition of Friday Night Lights one for the books – we’ll see you there, ready to crush it!
CrossFit® Warrington Team